Last night was a successful launch for Sean Sorce’s new book THE BLACKSMITH’S NEPHEW which is the first title in his original series The Rissindell Stories.
Sean will return to promote his book during this summer’s FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE.
Martha Merrell’s Community Involvement
Martha Merrell’s Books is a community-minded independent bookstore, meaning that we host, participate, or are involved in many community events.
Examples of the depth of our commitment to Waukesha and the community include:
Event and Community
- Waukesha Downtown Business Association
- Waukesha Friday Night Live
- ProHealth Care RiverWalk for Breast Cancer, 1st Saturday in May each year
- Alzheimer’s Walk, 1st Saturday in September each year
- Waukesha’s Friday Night After Dark Music Series (indoor music from October – December)
- Downtown Trick or Treating on the Saturday before Halloween
- Holiday Stroll featuring Author Mania (before the Christmas Parade)
- Christmas Clearing Council
- Silver Bells activities during the Christmas season
- Santa’s Breakfast Workshop on Saturdays from Thanksgiving to Christmas
- Art Crawls on the 1st Saturday in March, May, August, October & December
- Waukesha JanBoree
- Waukesha Farmers’ Market on the RiverWalk
- Waukesha GuitarTown Project (a public art project with Gibson Guitar Company)
- Waukesha County Reading Council
- Waukesha Reads Program each October
- Wisconsin State Reading Association
If at all possible, we try to be supportive of any proposals brought to our attention.
Norm and Eve Bruce
Problem displaying Facebook posts.