Martha Merrell’s Community Involvement
Martha Merrell’s Books is a community-minded independent bookstore, meaning that we host, participate, or are involved in many community events.
Examples of the depth of our commitment to Waukesha and the community include:
Event and Community
- Waukesha Downtown Business Association
- Waukesha Friday Night Live
- ProHealth Care RiverWalk for Breast Cancer, 1st Saturday in May each year
- Alzheimer’s Walk, 1st Saturday in September each year
- Waukesha’s Friday Night After Dark Music Series (indoor music from October – December)
- Downtown Trick or Treating on the Saturday before Halloween
- Holiday Stroll featuring Author Mania (before the Christmas Parade)
- Christmas Clearing Council
- Silver Bells activities during the Christmas season
- Santa’s Breakfast Workshop on Saturdays from Thanksgiving to Christmas
- Art Crawls on the 1st Saturday in March, May, August, October & December
- Waukesha JanBoree
- Waukesha Farmers’ Market on the RiverWalk
- Waukesha GuitarTown Project (a public art project with Gibson Guitar Company)
- Waukesha County Reading Council
- Waukesha Reads Program each October
- Wisconsin State Reading Association
If at all possible, we try to be supportive of any proposals brought to our attention.
Norm and Eve Bruce
Problem displaying Facebook posts.